Sunday 29 May 2016

DIY - small alterations. Part 2.

Let us talk about a small touches that change the impression of the whole garment or accessory. 

Here is my jacket. I bought it and at home only I saw these disgusting tucks on the front pockets. The jacket fits me very good, it makes my waist, it's hue belongs to my colour group, and finally it is rather trendy. I didn't want to return it, so there is something to be done with the tucks.


Fast and easy. It is fall now, isn't it?









Another poor worn-out thing. Have your headphones ever been in such condition? You might say why not buy a new pair? But let us think green, and try to save things we've already bought. After all these particular headphones might be your favourite, brought from overseas, very special to you for some reason. Or you may prefer to cover them with cotton if your ears are sensitive to synthetics. Or to make them match the interior of your room.




You need just a small scrap of fabric and narrow elastic.  I cut out circles a little bit wider than headphone, and sewed in the elastic. I pulled the elastic while sewing so it gathered the edges of the fabric. That's all!





 Small alterations are not always vital for the garment, but they can put an accent or hide something you don't like in your thing. Do you usually make such small improvements yourself or look for an alterationist?



No comments:

Post a Comment