Thursday 18 October 2018

Little Black... Trousers

What I really love is uncommon and intriguing detail or two in common garment. Such as classic black pants. Of course they fit, of course fabric is nice, but that's not enough. I want them to make a style for me or my customer. Such as these free-form flowery inserts and leaf-shape beaded detail on the waistband. Flowery fabric goes well with the plain black, because they have the same slight shimmer, so they blend into one another a little. With dull black fabric it won't work. Cuffs are flowery too. They might be not very visible all the time there at the ground, but they when they come into sight, in brighter sunlight for instance, they finish my design beautifully.

This is the problem and bonus at the same time with black colour: details are hiding, especially on the photos. Wearing black you should remember, that only silhouette will be seen clearly, and this is what must be perfect. Black-on -black details tend to come and go, depending on the light and on the distance. This is neither good not bad, this should be taken into consideration. 







I must say I liked this fabric very much. It is cotton + elastane, not very thin, rather shape-stable, mild stretching. Good for fitted Slinky pants, it creates perfect silhouette line due to very slight shimmering surface. This fabric I brought from Melbourne. I always keep track of the supplies I use to find the best ones. Sometimes you can say that fabric was good after a year of wearing the garment: that it keeps shape and colour, and resists challenges like washing machine. 



And couple of looks for inspiration...



No comments:

Post a Comment